Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Oliver Has Arrived!

'Sleeping' Oliver
'Yawning' Oliver

'Stretching' Oliver

'Crying' Oliver

And Sleeping, Again!

Oliver was born on August 30th at 8:10 am. He weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and is healthy and happy. What a difference two extra weeks of being in the womb makes on a newborn baby. He has had no trouble eating and we have not had to deal with drip lines and feeding tubes like we did with Berkeley. He has been a dream so far. He didn't make a peep the whole way home from the hospital on Saturday and today we took him in for his 3 day check up and he slept through the entire ordeal. He had to get blood drawn to check his jaundice levels and when they poked his foot he just kept sleeping. We are head over heels in love and Thomas says if he keeps this behavior up, he wins the prize :) He has been lovely and I would have 10 more if they were all like him! Well, not really, but maybe a couple more, at least :) My house has been a frenzy of breastfeeding and pumping so I must scoot along to do those fun activities, but I'll write more about the entire ordeal later. Laura said the natives were getting restless and that I had better post some pictures, and being the obedient and submissive creature that I am (HA!!), here they are!

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

He is absolutly perfect and I could just hold him all day! Congratulations, you guys are amazing parents and I am taking a lot of notes!!!!!!! I'm so thankful to be a part of your beautiful family. I love Berkeley's little kisses, she is so cute!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

He is absoluteley beautiful!! I am so happy for you. I actually prayed that he would be easier for you guys. How is Berkeley doing with the new little one? Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Congratulations.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

What a very handsome little guy...so so sweet. CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy to hear this time around is going much smoother for you. Enjoy and savor every precious moment.
Today my "baby" starts preschool and I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital yesterday!! :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Laura, stop taking notes and jump on in. You will be a great mother just like Lisa is!!!!!
Lis, he is just perfect! I am so glad that it has been easier this time around :) I hate to say it but 2nd kids are really easy to have around. He does look like a Potts to me, but me, like you, I am not really good at that either. When you get a chance I would love to see pictures of Oliver and Berk together :) Bless you as you recover and raise two wonderful kids!!!! Am I the only one or did your pregnancy go really fast this time?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Ah, Lis, I love those pictures. He is so adorable. In between pumping and breastfeeding you have to post one showing his stylish hairdo. It's so hip! I was shocked that he and Berkeley do look a lot alike in the pictures. Amazing, huh? Those Potts genes are strong! All 3 of mine don't look much like my baby or little girl pictures. We're just the carriers I guess!

2:49 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

I sure do love him already!!! I think he is just perfect, nose and all!!! Can't wait to see him again!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

Lisa,he is so precious and I am excited to meet him in person! Hope you are recovering well and the family is adjusting... God bless your family:-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger emily said...

What a sweet face he has!!! Congratulations you two!..or three:)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is just perfect!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Danae` said...

What a percious beautiful boy!!!
Congratulations!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Thank you all so much!

11:04 AM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful and I am so glad to hear how well you all are doing. Lots of love to you, get well and be kind to yourself...you've been through a lot.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home