Friday, July 27, 2007

My Baby Shower

Laura, the hostess & Grandma Karen

The Party Favors



The flowers

The food

Ashley and her baby

Ashley had some serious 'bling' and didn't mind showing it off!

Grandma Sam


Grandma Marilyn & Grandma Sherri


Holly & Gracie


Vikki & Ashley

Andrea and baby Blake (he's still cooking in her tummy)


The adorable cake!


Sisters!

Kate, me & Vik

2 pregnant Potts'

The gang (minus Laura who took the pic)

The gang (minus Andrea who took the pic)
Last Sunday Laura threw a baby shower for me and I must say she knows how to throw one classy shower! Everything was displayed beautifully and she did such a great job with all the little details! I wasn't going to have another shower since I had such a large one with Berkeley. About 30 people came to that one and it was really overwhelming for me to receive so many gifts...it almost made me feel greedy since there are so many needy babies out there. I wanted to keep this one really small, so only family and a few really close friends came.
I had a really nice time, but looking back on these pictures I must admit my fascination with being "busty" is over. My husband said it looked like I tried to tame them and was very unsuccessful about it. I think when they are smaller they are much more manageable and they are not so difficult to work with under certain outfits.
Anyway, it was so much fun to spend time with everyone and Oliver was blessed with many darling outfits! Thank you to all who came and thank you Laura for putting so much thought, effort and love into one very beautiful baby shower! I love you!

11 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Yeah Lis...wow...that must be a really hard problem to have..I just feel so so sorry for you. Grrrrr.
That is kinda like really rich people moaning that money can't buy happiness. :)

You shower was beautiful, what a lovely way to honor and celebrate Oliver.

OK, so is Andrea like 2 days pregant..or what!? :)
And Laura...will you please come style my hair like yours is in these pics...love it!
I think you two sisters need to go into party planning business or a decor business together or something! SO MUCH TALENT in your family!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

So, were only beautiful and well dressed people invited to your party?! :) Wow! Picture perfect, I must say.

And, I hear you with the large...you know whats! It is like taming a beast. I look forward to getting done with breast feeding so they will go back to normal.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Well thanks for having another baby so I could throw you another shower. I have to say, I felt a little pressure hosting a shower for the little Martha Stewart that you are. I hope I passed the test!It was fun to get together and I can't wait to see him in all of those cute little outfits. I think he's giving Berkeley some competition in that area! I love you and look forward to meeting my new little newphew.

Jess, I just used a curling iron and was on my fourth day of not washing it, that's the secret. Dirty hair is the best!!!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

I think I should have kept Ashley as an accessory, she matches my house perfectly!!!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Jess, I honestly didn't mean it to sound that way. Laura threw me a beautiful shower for Berkeley, but my personality type hates to be in the lime light and having 30 pairs of eyes staring at me while I opened presents was torture for me. She was blessed with so many beautiful gifts and it just made me feel kind of bad because there are so many babies that have nothing, especially in other parts of the world. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was ungrateful or anything like that. It's just my weird personality that feels awkward in those kinds of situations :) Oh, and I'd love to start a party planning business with Laura, but I don't think she'd ever do it. She's the only one I'd do it with since we both have such similar likes and dislikes :) Maybe you could convince her for me!!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Oh SWEET Lisa!!! That was NOT what I was referring too!!!!! I was referring to you lamenting about having to strap down and contain your very large bosom!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness, I am so sad you thought I was talking about you having a large shower!!
I would never say that...about that anyway!!
But when someone moans about their large chest, I must admit I smile on the outside.. but in my mind I am kicking them!!! :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Jess, Oh, good...I'm glad you didn't think I was complaining about a large shower, but take it from me...having a large chest REALLY isn't all it's cracked up to be! They really are quite difficult to maintain :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

True that about the tata's sister, you KNOW I'm feelin' ya (literally...) hehe
SO sorry I missed it Lisa, we were on vaca...
but that is no excuse so please forgive and know I am lovin ya!
coffee soon?

12:51 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Beautiful shower Lisa, I agree with Sabrina, looks like you invited all the beauties :)

I totally relate with you in regards to the upper body extra's, I've been pregnant or nursing or both for the past five years. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever be tamed again!

How much longer do you have until Oliver is due? I love his name by the way :)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Thanks Jenni-I am due Sept. 9, but Berkeley was 4 weeks early so I am on bed rest at the moment. As of yesterday I was at 36 weeks and my doctor wants him to stay in there for at least 2 more weeks. I am getting anxious to get this little guy out so I can move about freely again :)

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home