Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tummy Pics


Here are a couple of tummy pictures in honor of Laura and Kel who have requested them. Please excuse my expression in the second one...I look like I'm about to be hit by a bus. I'm not sure what that's all about, but it is what it is.
I went to the doctor today to have an ultrasound to check on growth. Oliver weighs 5lbs. 14 oz and I am at 36 weeks. Berkeley was born at 36 weeks and weighed 5lbs 13 oz so he is right where he should be. I went in at 34 weeks and he was head down, but his head was lodged in my cervix and when my doctor tried to poke him out of there he wouldn't budge so she put me on "bed rest" so that the pressure on my cervix wouldn't cause me to go into labor. Well, the good news is I made it to 36 weeks, but the very bad news is he is now head up instead of head down. That means if my water breaks like it did with Berkeley, I am in big trouble cause I'll have to have a c-section and that thought terrifies me. I really don't want to have one, especially since I have already had one healthy normal delivery. I have to go into the hospital next Thursday and they are going to do another ultrasound to check his position and if he is still head up they are going to try to physically turn him and then induce me on the 28th. I have seen that done on TV and the women scream because it is so painful. I am now officially freaking out and panicing. All I know is that it was terribly uncomfortable when she tried to poke his head out of there and I can't even imagine how painful it will be if they try to turn his entire body around. I am praying that he will flip back down and that the minute he does that, my water will break. I am dilated to a 2 already, so it could happen any day.
This pregnancy has still been a breeze (until today). I have gained 38 lbs. My big bowl full of jelly (or Oliver, rather) is getting larger by the minute and I have tree stumps for legs, but other than that I still feel great. I only gained 25 lbs with Berkeley and all I have to say is thank heaven for breastfeeding. It really does suck it all out of you, which I am thankful for :) Also, if any of you struggle with heart burn, get the huge jug of Berry Flavored TUMS from Costco. They are delicious. I have already finished 1/3 of the bottle. They almost make heart burn enjoyable and I kind of look forward to getting it now.
Oh, I hit that jack pot at Kohl's. I needed one more nursing bra and they are having a huge sale right now. I received a $10 gift card in the mail and the bra was on sale for $15, so I got it for $5!!! It is atrociously ugly (they all are), but it was $5! You can't even get a coffee for that anymore! I never thought I would get so excited over a nursing bra! To all my childless friends out there...see what you have to look forward to??? Very glamorous, my life :)

15 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Precious tummy!!! :)
Well, giving birth is kinda like getting hit by a bus...with just much better results...so maybe that is the cause for the expression?! :) Well, to me you look cute anyway! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! I Just know that any day now I'll check on here and there will be pictures of Oliver!!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You look so cute! I can't believe that it is almost time for little Oliver to join your family. I am getting excited for you!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

I love your belly and I can't believe he is in there changing positions and causing trouble already! Chris has nicknamed him "Twisted Oliver" like "Twisted Sister", he thinks this is the start of his personality. You look so cute and I love your little tree stumps! I've never heard you get so excited about nursing bras before buy hey, a deal is a deal, nursing bra or not! I love you and am looking forward to the big day. If they do have to move him around can you request to be knocked out so you won't feel the pain?

4:55 PM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

Lisa, you are amazingly beautiful!!! Wow, you are going through a lot right now, you are in my prayers...I know that you are all going to be just fine in the end. Blessings and peace to you!

love, Kristen

6:27 PM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

P.S. I absolutely LOVE your nave choice!!! The only other Oliver I know is an amazing person, I am sure you little one will be too.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Cute belly! I'm praying for Oliver to flip! It's amazing how fast OTHER PEOPLE'S pregnancies go! Ha!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Coming from someone who has had to have three c-sections, they are pretty great. Although hardly ideal, I would have loved to have had a natural birth. But, don't be scared if it happens, it too is a miraculous process and you will be surprised at the strength in yourself! Good luch and blessings Lisa!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Your mom and dad were not there to greet us at church this morning...wondering if that means they have a new grand baby..!?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Thanks girls! I appreciate your prayers and I know it will all work out the way it is supposed to. What a nerve racking time! No, Andrea, no baby yet. I think they stayed home because my dad has a really bad cold!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

I can finally view comments. For some reason blogger has been "banning" me from comments - ugh! Lisa you are adorable! I can't wait to meet my teeny-tiny nephew - yeah! Maybe we should call him "Oliver twist"!

4:08 PM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

Hey, any news? How are you doing, have you delivered or are you still uncomforatbly pregnant? I am praying for you.

Lots of love, Kristen Fairlight

7:21 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

I know, Holly, I said the same thing. What a fitting name for him :) when they get him out I am going to tell the Doctor to spank that stubborn little rear of his! He is making himself a little too comfortable in there!!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

Lis, just don't go starting any wildfires!! That's all I have to say!! :) Oh, and I ceratinly can't wait to meet little BeanSprout!! Maybe he's just not ripe yet! Don't want to pick him too early otherwise he might not be sweet!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

When is that sweet baby boy coming out???

1:02 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

I love the pictures - you have a beautiful belly, regardless of the crazy face that you are making! LOL! Thank you for posting pictures. When is that precious boy going to make his entrance? I love that you are Ms. frugal with your nursing bra's. It is an exciting life saving a buck here or there. I hope they dont have to try and move him around. As fun as that sounds lets pray that he moves himself. I think he is taking on the 2nd child characteristic of being stubborn and not doing what others want just because they say....I totally understand. :) Im excited to see him!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home