Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Derbylicious!!!
















Berkeley caught her first fish on April 28th! One of the local lakes hosted a fishing derby for opening fishing day and my dad really wanted her to catch a fish so we took her. I love these pictures of Berk and grandpa. Her expressions in the second and third pics crack me up. In the second one she looks kind of surprised/freaked out and in the third one (if you click on it to enlarge it) she looks completely appalled at what they are doing to the poor thing. After each kid caught a fish, they would put it in a plastic bag and seal it up so they could take it home and fry it up. In the 5th picture down she is looking at the fish flopping around in the bag gasping for air. We all felt really bad for it. They told us not to let it go because it probably wouldn't live, but we did it anyway. We all felt horrible that it was dying such a slow and painful death and we certainly were not going to eat it so we did the humane thing. Can you imagine the uproar it would have caused if someone caught a bird or a squirrel and stuck it in a plastic bag until it stopped breathing? It would have been all over the evening news. I know it's just a fish, but it really was sad to watch it suffer. Hopefully it lived and is still swimming around. With my luck, as soon as we walked away a bird swooped down and ate it for lunch.





3 Comments:

Blogger amandacarmel said...

Lis~ Those pictures are absolutely adorable!!! Glad you were able to go! =) Oh my that poor fish!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

So precious! I think one of my favorite things in life is watching dad and mom as grandparents. I had no idea how much they would fall in love with this little girl!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Those are so cute! I love Berkeley's face. My guess...she's going to be all girl! I don't detect the tomboy gene by the look on her face. Unfortunately, for me, in my testosterone filled house, Gracie is quickly falling into the tomboy catagory!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home