Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Ridley!!!


















Yesterday was Ridley's 3rd birthday! We didn't celebrate...I just made cookies and gave her a little bit of dough for a special treat! Oh, that little Ridley...she has some spunk, let me tell you. She, along with 3 other females, was born weighing less than 1 lb. She weighs about 5 lbs now, but you'd think she weighed 120 lbs by her attitude. You may have heard of "little man syndrom." Most small dogs have "little dog syndrom" and Ridley has this in abundance! She can put any dog on it's back in submission. We have an enormous 130 lb bull mastiff in our neighborhood and whenever we are out walking Ridley he leaves the sidewalk and stands up in the grass, frozen in terror. Actually, his owner says he is terrified of all small dogs so it's not just Ridley. I think the larger the dog the bigger the teddy bear which is why I'd love to have a Great Dane! Maybe someday when we're retired :)
I call her my "little lawsuit waiting to happen" as she is also an ankle biter. She doesn't actually bite people's ankles, she just grabs ahold of their pant leg and pulls on it. She does it to me too when she wants to play and I have a few pairs of warm-ups with holes in the ankles from her. When our house was under construction, we were checking on the progress and she lost a tooth in a stranger's jeans cause she pulled so hard. It was a baby tooth and needed to come out, but we hightailed it out of there after he came over and handed us her little tooth and said "Your dog lost it's tooth in my pants." Oops, that is why she is a liability, but we love her :)
Between our two dogs, Ridley is actually much better with Berkeley than Sterling is. Berkeley will grab a sock or Tom's underwear and play tug-of-war with her and Berkeley giggles and giggles. For a little dog she is really quite good with Berk which delights me.
Laura once told me that a rat can fit through a hole the size of a quarter. Chris refers to Ridley as a "rat dog" and it is kind of true. When she gets in trouble she gets really scared and runs and hides and we can't ever catch her or get her out of wherever she is hiding. The last picture of her in the bath tub cracks me up because she really does look like a drowned rat!
Anyway, we love you Ridley, even though at times you cause us to pull our hair out in frustration. We'll keep you around for a while longer :) You're part of the fam!!



5 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Ummm...fun dog....??? (Ha!)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Those pictures of Ridley are sooo cute. My favorite background noise when on the phone with you is Berkeley giggling and Ridley with her little growl. It's so sweet.

12:15 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

gotta love that little ankle biter rat dog! She really is pretty sweet once you get to know her! I loved when I watched them for you how she just cuddled on my lap! My dog doesn't do that very often, well at least not without making me pet him! Happy be-lated Birthday Riddles!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Once you get past her attitude she really is a sweet little dog! I still remember the day we went over to the breeders house, she seemed sooooo tiny! I think it's kind of funny when she bites their ankles!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Darren wanted me to say that he didnt know that rats lived that long.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home