Friday, March 30, 2007

We're having a...

BOY!!! And he shall be called Oliver Thomas!! I can't believe it! I am wrong every single time. I thought Berkeley was going to be a boy and I thought this one was going to be a girl. Shows how much I know! I guess from now on I'll just go with whatever is opposite of what I'm feeling :) Laura and Amanda were right. I can't believe it. I am finally going to have a little Oliver. I have loved that name since Junior High and have always wanted to have a little boy named Oliver. It is my absolute most favorite name in the whole world!!! If any of you don't know this, I love names and I have had all of my children's names picked out since Junior high and High school. I have mentioned before that I am a bit of a planner and I ran all my names by Thomas before we got married because I had my heart set on them and wanted to make sure he was ok with them. He liked them all and didn't really have any names of his own picked out. Big surprise there...I don't think that is something guys really think about to be honest :) That's just fine...it works for me!!!
Now I get to start the room! We went to lunch right after Vikki told us and I said, "Well, now I don't have to order a chandelier for the room." Thomas rolled his eyes and said "Oh, what a relief, because every little girl MUST have a crystal chandelier hanging from her ceiling." They just don't understand, but that's ok. It makes me happy having one in Berkeley's room and if we ever have another little girl she will most certainly have one too :) I am excited to buy a pair of shoes I have been dying to buy. They are olive green and orange and I almost bought them for Berkeley (I don't always dress her in super feminine or all pink outfits), but I thought maybe they were just a little bit too boyish. Now I have the perfect excuse to get them. Laura and I are going to Bell Square on Sunday so let the shopping begin!
I am a little nervous to have a boy cause I hear nightmare stories about them, but I am believing and praying for him to either have Thomas' or Laura's laid back and mellow personality. Who knows, maybe Berk will be our little tom-boy and she'll get all the boo-boos and he'll be really phlegmatic and accident free. It's something I can pray for anyway :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Congratulations! Boys are the best! You need to come over here for a while and experience what it's like to have boys around! (Remember, dodge ball in the house!) Better yet, come over when Kim and her family are here, too! Hee hee! It's always nice to hear of a fellow "planner"! I, too, am that way! When we see each other we can give each other the "nod". We "get" each other! Ha ha!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
You will love having a little mommas boy :)..it is SOOO wonderful.
If it makes you feel any better, I have 2 boys and have never been to the ER once with either of them and Josiah is 10!! :)
I haven't had a girl yet, and I totally hope to one day!! But, I will tell you there is a very special bond between a momma and her boy...you will love it!! :)
Blessings on you and little Oliver!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Anne from sunny CA said...

Mark and I want to send our Congratulations on your having a little boy!!!! We're so excited for you! Also, we're sorry we'll miss seeing you on Easter! All our love to you!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tammie said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! Hunter will have a little friend too! I love having a boy, they are so sweet and fun!!! I can't imgaine life without one. I think you will be a great boy mommy too!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Thanks Andrea! I'm glad you're a planner too...makes me feel not so "freakish." Yes, I think we should give each other the "nod" when we see each other! I think it's funny that you're scared to have a girl...although you'd probably think she was really boring after having 2 boys!!!

Thanks Jess. Yes, it makes me feel much better that you have never been to the ER with either of your boys. I am praying for that with Oliver! As far as the bond...Berkeley is a total momma's girl and we have quite a special bond too. I don't want to raise too much of a momma's boy cause I know first hand (along with 2 other gals) how frustrating those Momma's boys can be to a future wife!!! I am determined to teach my boy(s) how to clean toilets, wash dishes, dust and vacuum. I hope that my future daughter in law will thank me for doing so someday :)

Mark & Anne, thank you! We will miss seeing you on Easter too, but maybe we can all get together for dinner or dessert depending on how long you're here!!! I bet you can't wait for your new grandbaby to arrive!!! It will be fun!

Thanks Tammie! I'm glad our little guys will have each other too! I told Andrea a long time ago that if I ever have a boy you will be my mentor! You are such a good mom and I aspire to be like you...matter of fact and in charge, but still so loving and fun! You are an inspiration to me!

6:03 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Hooray! For some reason Friday night I didnt get a chance to read your blog before I went to bed. I had been checking it all day too see if you had posted what you were having, but got busy that night a forgot to check before I went to bed. I had a dream that I was reading your blog and you told us the name, which I already knew it would be Oliver Thomas if it was a boy, but you announced it was going to be something really weird, like John Forrest. I remember in my dream being very disturbed because I knew that it was suppose to be Oliver Thomas, you had wanted that name forever. So I was so happy when I got up Saturday morning and checked your blog and tada! There it was. Not John Forrest. LOL!!!
I think you are going to love having a boy. I personally think he will be more calm because he is the 2nd, at least that is what I have noticed with other kids. Jace, Janas son, is so sweet but definately a boy :)
I agree with you and not making Oliver a mommas boy. There is nothing more annoying in life and to future wives :)
Congratulations you guys! We are excited to meet him.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

That is too funny Kel! And a bit disturbing too :) Nope, no John Forrest here...just Oliver Thomas as always! Not that there is anything wrong with John Forrest, but it's just not me.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrqatulations! Little boys are so much fun! Especially when you have a girl as well. Just pray for a mellow personality. That's what I did and Judah is so laid back. Anyway, Congrats I am so excited for you!

5:09 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

I know that dreaming about the name of your baby sound so strange and a little creepy. Believe me I dont think about you guys that often, I have just been having the weirdest dreams lately. I mean dreaming about people I have not see in years and years or even people I hardly know. I dont know what this phenomenon is all about. Its kinda disturbing.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home