Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A New Room to Decorate!




Well, I am just about 20 weeks along and I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with Oliver's room. I am going to do a vintage surf theme. There is just one problem. All of the vintage surfboards I have looked into are incredibly expensive. The cheapest I have found is $800 and the most expensive is $10,000. I think I would probably be looking for a new place to live if I spent that much. I can get away with buying my cake plates and apothecary jars, but my husband would definitely put his foot down on a surfboard that will most likely never be used. I am contemplating just having one made out of wood and incorporating a shelf into it so I can hang it horizontally on the wall and put pictures and other paraphernalia on it. Then I could just have it painted to look vintage. I found the middle picture on ebay for $129 and the bidding ends on the 29th. I have never had a lot of luck with ebay so I will give it a try, but I'm not counting on getting it. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I may be knocking on your door and couch "surfing." Pardon the pun :)


7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Check out Pottery Barn Teen. I think I've seen surf board shelves and surf board stuff. Also, you could try Craig's List. Can't wait to see the finished product!

1:01 PM  
Blogger The Clarks said...

Pottery Barn is my suggestion as well. They have a lot of surf stuff. It is such a great boys room. I did Quentin's room in a surf theme and it turned out great. We even had a friend paint a mural around the room. Let me know if you ever want to see some pictures. I can't wait to see how Oliver's room turns out!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Cute, Lisa! I'm sure it will be adorable. I'm not much help in the surfing department. Maybe a trip to the Ocean. They always have those old little shops with "vintage" stuff.

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

I was going to suggest having one made and then painting it to look vintage, but then I saw that you already had that idea. I think it would be the most inexpensive and you could make it look so cool. I dont even think you would need to pay someone to paint it. I think you could do it yourself and it would look awesome!
I cannot believe that they are so expensive! Can you imagine spending $10,000 on a surf board? Yeah, maybe if it was made out of gold! LOL! What a great idea to do vintage surfing room. You are so stinking creative.
Hey, if you ever think about it would you post pictures of the different rooms in your house? I absolutly love your kitchen and I want to see how the rest of it turned out. :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lisa,
I also looked into the whole vintage surf idea when I was pregnant with Judah. Kurt said no because we live in a state that does even boarder the ocean. A surfer in Nevada? Oh well. It is a super cute idea and I think that Pottery Barn is your best bet. Good luck I can't wait to see the picture

11:29 AM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Lisa, you can't put a price on your happiness and Tom never stays mad for too long so let's buy some surf boards!!!!! I like Hollie's idea, a trip to the ocean. Does this mean Tom is going to start construction on the wall???

10:03 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

Little Bean Sprout is going to love his new room! You are just so stinking creative! I over heard that you are getting your way and Oliver will get to be upstairs with the rest of the family! So maybe you could get your way and buy those surfboards too! If not, my couch is available, I have an extra bedroom too! Heck, I may even need a roommate so your more than welcome! I think your even familiar with the house too! =)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home