Monday, April 30, 2007

Swim Lessons!







Well, today Berkeley and I start swim lessons. Well, not really lessons, it’s just a mommy and me class to help little ones get familiar and comfortable with the water. Sarah and Ella talked us into doing it with them. I’m so thankful to have a friend with a little girl Berkeley’s age so we can do fun things like this together. I don’t know if I would have done it by myself! I’m a little apprehensive about wearing a bikini being 5 months pregnant, but I figure I’m just going to lather on the self tanning lotion and do it anyway. I have no pride left when it comes to my body since 15 people were going in and out of the room while I was having Berkeley and my ‘nether regions’ were exposed for the entire world to see. I remember thinking at the time they might as well have aired it live on CNN!!!
I can really only wear bikinis since I have a longer torso and one pieces just don’t look right on me. Plus, they ‘ride up’ and I get irritated rather quickly trying to make sure my rear is covered all the time. Anyway, Berkeley and I are going to put on our triangles and go swimming!!! At least I can look on the bright side as far as my ‘girls’ are concerned. They are back and they are juicier than ever! I love the free boob jobs that pregnancy provides. The double D’s are fun to have even if only for a short period of time. (I don’t think they are double D’s, I think I’m just a single, but double D’s has a nicer ring to it I think.) At least they are somewhat perky again. I had no idea that breast feeding took all the ‘perk’ out of them and I have to admit I went through a season of mourning when I finished breastfeeding and saw the toll that had been taken. They were like two grief stricken, deflated flaps of skin that blew in the slightest breeze. But that Bible verse is true, He really did turn my “mourning into dancing” once I realized that bras really can be miracle workers!









4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

That's great! You'll both have so much fun! I did that kind of swimming class with both of my boys when they were young. Gavin was deathly afraid of water for a long time! Now he loves it and was just asking me today, when we are are going swimming again! Maybe we should meet at "Family Swim" some night or weekend! Wouldn't that be fun?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

We had so much fun last night! At first both Berkeley and Ella started to cry cause the water was cold and they were shivering. After a while they relaxed and their favorite "exercise" was sitting on the pool deck and jumping into our arms in the pool. They would watch each other and squeal! They were all smiles! I'm looking forward to Wednesday night! That would be fun to get a big group together for family swim night - we should do that!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Lisa - Only you can vividly describe post-nursing boobs on your blog and have us all laughing!! And, unfortunately, relating! I do love a good bra! I call them my "hoisty-bras" :) They have to do their work now!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

It's funny that I have had four children but have never experienced what you are talking about-post nursing breasts. I've been either pregnant or nursing for 5 years strait so I have the ever-full bras that seem they will never end. I was just telling Chris, it will be nice to know what it's like to not be pregnant or nursing (one day! :)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home