Tuesday, March 27, 2007

On A Much Lighter & More Exciting Note...

We get to find out what we're having on Friday! With everything that happened over the weekend I totally forgot about it till Kate reminded me to call her and let her know. I have friends in high places who can pull some strings in order for me to find out early. No, actually my friend Vikki is a sonographer at Highline Hospital and she is able to scan me on her lunch break. She told me at 17 weeks what I was having with Berkeley and I told her I always want her to be the one to tell me first so we're going in on Friday around 11:30!!!
I'm a little nervous to find out. I don't know why...I was nervous with Berkeley too. I only get one of two choices and I can't control what the outcome is so there is no reason to be nervous. To be honest we don't care what we have. We will love and adore whatever God gives us, boy or girl. We both kind of think it's another girl since this has been another really mild pregnancy. Since these two will be so close together (22 months), I'd love to have another girl so Berkeley will grow up with a sister who is close in age. Just like me and Laura. But, whatever, I know brothers and sisters can be extremely close too. I used to really want a boy, but everyone tells me boys are so different and much more physical from the get go. That terrifies me in a way because in Berkeley's 16 short months of life we have been to the ER 3 times and I feel like I have aged 20 years with each incident. I don't know what I will do with a boy. Perhaps I will invest in some quality football gear, complete with a helmut and shoulder pads for any unfortunate accidents that may occur. Who knows, maybe my boy would be really easy and never get hurt. One can only hope :)
Like I said this pregnancy has been a breeze. I have only felt slightly nauseous 3 or 4 times after taking my vitamins, but if I eat a string cheese afterwards it goes away. I did have 3 colds in a period of a month & a half, but after what Tammi has been through during her pregnancy I cannot complain. I have gained 6 pounds so far and my doctor is thrilled. I have enjoyed every succulent, savory and delicious calorie so far and will continue to do so until those 25 pounds are gained!!! Oh, the perks of being pregnant!
Anyhoo, we'll post the results as soon as we get home on Friday. I can't believe it's that time already. This pregnancy is going to fly. It's going so much faster than the first! We'll keep you posted!!! ( HA, HA, HA...I just made a funny! Get it? I said we'll keep you "posted" and I will be "posting" the news on my blog! Well, I guess if I have to explain it, it's probably not that funny, like my husband says. But it's kind of funny, right? Maybe a little? )

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

What I think is funny is that you are afraid to have a boy... I'm afraid to have a GIRL! Ha ha!

3:55 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

I think its funny! Husbands dont know what is funny and what isnt. I cant wait to hear what you are having!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home