Monday, January 15, 2007

We Have a New Baby in the Family!










I am excited to announce that Andy & Andrea had their first born!!! Well, actually they 'purchased' her on New Year's Eve and she is absolutely delightful! Her name is Sophie Andrew and she weighed 20 lbs. when they brought her home. I'm not sure how much she weighed when she was born, but that's not important right now. What's important is we have a sweet new puppy to love and adore. The reason her middle name is Andrew is because Andy has declared both of my dogs' middle names to be Andrew even though they are both girls. So it's only natural for Sophie's middle name to be Andrew as well. If any of you have a dog out there with no middle name I'm sure he'd be tickled if you used Andrew.

Sophie is a smart little cookie. She has been a breeze to potty train and is already responding to sit and come. She loves to play and when she chases a ball she often trips over her huge paws. It's hilarious...she is almost as klutzy as I am!!! She also smells heavenly. If any of you have ever smelled a puppy or "puppy breath" you know what I'm talking about. It's intoxicating. I found myself sitting there inhaling the soft fur on her head. I got a little light headed and forced myself to stop. I know I sound like a freak, but they really do smell so good. I've never done drugs, but who needs them when there are puppies to sniff??? In my personal opinion, puppies are absolute perfection!

Sterling doesn't quite know what to think of her. I think she is a bit confused because Sophie is a miniature version of Payton. I think this will continue to perplex Sterling until Sophie gets bigger. And big she will be. Her paws are enormous and her (biological) parents are pretty large labs too. I think my favorite little piece of trivia is that Sophie and Sterling share the same birthday, October 27th! Isn't that great? Amelia, I'm afraid to admit we'll probably be having a double birthday party for the girls come fall! You're more than welcome to come if you'd like to experience your first dog birthday party :) We'll send you an invite :)

8 Comments:

Blogger The Traveler said...

That is a super cute doggie! Don't know y'all, but I hope you live in Wicker Park, Chicago, so I can see you walking by together when I'm out to get my morning coffee. :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute! I love her floppy ears and droopy little eyes. I love the smell of puppies too. I hope I get to meet her this Saturday at dinner and theatre night.

Lisa, why do you always get comments from all these random people?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Laura,
I don't know why I get comments from random people, but it's kind of creepy. And yes, you'll get to meet her on Saturday night. She is just delicious!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

You're so funny. I have to admit at first I didn't know what you were talking about, then it clicked. We would love to come and see how those things work. We might have to have one when we get a pup.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Skyler and Suzanne said...

I am sorry I think puppies are cute and all but the smell is not something I would bottle and wear. Someday there may be treatment centers for those of you who share this odd addiction.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Sophie is a perfect addition to the family!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

CUTE!

12:34 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

I admit it.....I like to post under random names and talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the post and sounds a little creepy. LOL! Just kidding.....who is that nut "the traveler" anyways. Gross.
Im glad about the puppy! She is so stinking adorable. I love love love puppies.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home