Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving


Loved those flowers!

She looks kind of tipsy here...too much turkey perhaps!

Mom, hurry up and take the picture before I need therapy!

Berkeley enjoyed her 1st coherent Thanksgiving. Last year she was only 3 weeks old and slept through most of the festivities. She loved the turkey, mashed potatoes (that's my girl), cranberries and sweet potatoes. She finally got to wear an outfit I bought for her before she was born and was fascinated with the flowers on the poncho. Her dad kept taking it off because he thought she was too warm. I have tried explaining to him that 'beauty is pain' and I have even heard him use that expression when something he's wearing is uncomfortable. Nevertheless, he kept taking the poncho off. I tried unsuccessfully to hide my irritation, but it was a holiday so I decided to put a happy face on and roll with the ponchos, I mean punches :)

Seriously though, I am so thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful to have made it through my first year as a first time mom and I am thankful I have a darling little peanut to show for all the hard work and sacrifice. I am thankful for my husband who is a great dad and provider. He is so patient and loving and most of the time I feel like I don't deserve him, but I'm sure glad I have him!! I am thankful for my sister who I would die without. She is always there for me when I need to vent and helps me to look on the bright side of things. I think most of all I am thankful to have been born in America. We have so much and are so blessed to live where we do.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Oh Lisa, you crack me up! I like that "roll with the ponchos" line. I remember when you bought that outfit for your little peanut and who knew this little girl would melt all of our hearts. She has brought so much joy to our family. I am soooooooo thankful for you too. I feel so blessed to not only have you as a sister, but as my best friend. I thank God for you everyday, you are so dear to me. I love you!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Yeah Laura, I think the older I get the cheesier I get :) I don't know where it comes from. Motherhood perhaps :) I know I crack myself up though. I know you crack yourself up too...even though our husbands just roll their eyes and tell us we're not funny except to ourselves. That's ok. It's their loss :) Someday they will appreciate our humor! You really are the best friend a girl could have. I am so thankful for a sister like you. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you! Love you mucho!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Your daughter is just too cute for words! I love how you are capturing so much of her life on camera! :) She will appreciate it all later. :)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

LOL! You crack me up!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Too cute!
And I love all the love there is between you and Laura...what a special gift you two have in one another. It's beautiful.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

What about the great brother-in-law/uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Chris

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Oh Chris, I didn't forget about you...I just didn't want any mention of you to overshadow everyone else. We all know you are a true hero in the brother-in-law/uncle department!

9:34 AM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Lis! You are hilarious!!! I love cheesey and you do it so well!! You are so blessed! There is nothing like having a wonderful sister!! Sisters are the best! You are such a great Mom! I know the first few months were stressful but you did such a great job and have such a beautiful baby! And you do have a wonderful husband. Isnt God good :) He takes such good care of us.
And do all husbands roll their eyes and tell their wives that they are only funny to themselves....I cant count how many times Curt has said that or at least said it with his facial expression!! LOL!!! You are funny...dont forget it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Skyler and Suzanne said...

Lisa, Berkley is so sweet. I can't believe it has been a year and I haven't even seen her once. I am so happy for you guys and miss you lots.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home