Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Mani-Pedis

Oliver had to jump in for this picture to show off his nails too!  So funny!

I told Berkeley that if she did her recital (willingly & with a good attitude), then as a special treat she could choose between a riding lesson and getting her nails done at a nail salon.  As you can see, bribery really works :)  Right away she chose a riding lesson.  I told her to think about it for the week leading up to the recital since she has had a few riding lessons and might want to try something new.  (We had painted each other's nails & toes on the first day of summer vacation and she was really into it and wanted to know about the salon where I had my nails done for my wedding so I thought that might be a good motivator for her). 
So, after a week of going back and forth between nails and horses, she finally made up her mind and chose the nails (but it had to be the same one that I used to go to) since it was something new that she has never tried before.  I thought that was a good decision. 

So, on a Saturday morning following the success of the recital, we went to get our nails done.  I decided to let her pick out my color knowing it would be something wild & crazy and something I would have never picked out.  I was right...I ended up with purple nails & silver sparkles!  She got green with sparkles.  I can honestly say I have never had purple sparkles on my nails before!  They were very LOUD!  I did get a few compliments on them though, and she loved telling everyone that she picked the color out!  Berkeley got her nails & toes done and sat very still while we waited for them to dry. 

It was lots of fun doing something girly with her.  I don't think we have ever done something like that by ourselves before, but I'd like to make it more of a habit.  It was nice to be able to have a conversation with her without any interruptions and distractions. 

When we got home, Finley kept pointing to our nails and then holding her nails out and pointing at them.  I don't think we'll get away with not taking her next time!  Yeah right, she would never be able to sit still long enough to let them dry.  Maybe in a few years she can come along.  In the mean time I'll let Berkeley paint her nails here at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

So fun! I might have to join you guys next time, probably won't get to do that with my boys!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home