Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oliver's Last Day of School

                                                                    Miss Dana & Oliver

Miss Vicki & Oliver

Oliver's last day of school would have been during the week  that we were in Arizona, so his last day was a week early.  He did so well in his 3's class with Miss Dana & Miss Vicki.  I have to admit, I was a little worried.  He can be a little pill for me sometimes and I kind of thought there was a slight possibility that he might get kicked out of preschool.  I shouldn't have worried.  I never really asked the teachers how he was doing and behaving in class because part of me didn't really want  to know. 

About halfway through the year, Miss Dana came up to me and whispered that he is the "kindest, most thoughtful kid in the class.  He always says please and thank you and he has the sweetest spirit."  She said if he did something that she asked him not to do he would say "Oh, I'm so sorry, I won't do it again."  And he wouldn't do it again.  She said "I would take him home with me if I could."  I was a little stunned.  She told me that when some of the younger kids would cry and want their mom, he would go up to them and say "It'll be ok, do you want to come and play with me?"  She said sometimes it would almost make her cry because he had this softness about him. 

One of the moms of a little boy who has spatial issues & is developing a little bit slowly in certain areas came to me one day and asked if I was Oliver's mom.  My heart kind of stopped for a second and my stomach dropped cause I thought something bad happened between her boy and Oliver.  When I cautiously told her I was his mom, she said "My son has some developmental issues and HATES school.  But, lately the only name I hear is Oliver, Oliver, Oliver.  He even asked if I could get Oliver's phone number so he could play with him and he has never asked that about anyone, ever."  After I recovered my wits and picked my jaw up off the floor I gave her my phone number and we set up a play date. 

Oliver has an incredibly sweet spirit and a tender heart.  He is the "prayer" of the family and really shocks us sometimes when he prays.  I should not have worried.  He had a great year and is excited to go to PreK in the fall.  I am so proud of him and love him so much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Great job big guy!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home