Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Finley's 2nd Birthday
















Goody bags







































She was quite satisfied with all her new gifts!



A little shy when everyone sang to her.



She tried to blow out her candle and did little tiny dainty poofs of air. So cute!































I'll be your best friend if you give me a bite of cake...











We love tea parties!!!



















She absolutely ADORES her daddy!



And he absolutely ADORES her!



Giggling girls!


We had Finley's birthday party on Sunday, March 18th. She had a great time. She had just woken up from her nap when everyone got here so it took her a while to fully wake up and enjoy it, but once she was fully awake she had a great time.


She had a blast opening her presents (she got the hang of opening presents at Christmas so she was excited to tear into all that paper) and got many new snuggly, fun things to add to her collection!


Around 2:00 it started dumping snow. It snowed for quite a while in those huge wet flakes so it was really pretty. Berkeley thinks Finley has a lucky birthday since she got snow on her birthday and she thinks Oliver is quite lucky to have a birthday in the summer.


When we sang Happy Birthday to Fin she got really shy and buried her head in my neck. I can remember Berk & Oliver doing the same thing at that age. I think everyone standing around singing to her was a bit overwhelming. She wasn't quite sure what to do with the candles, but after a little coaxing, she finally blew little tiny breaths of air at them until big sister grabbed a chair and finished them off!


It was a fun day. I can't believe she is 2 years old. A lot has happened in the last 2 years and I don't feel like it is possible that my littlest "baby" is no longer a baby. One of my most favorite things about having a 3rd baby has been watching Berkeley and Oliver with her. They are so incredibly sweet with her and she just loves them. The other day my parents took Oliver and Finley to the play toy at McDonalds. Oliver took Finley all the way up to the top staying right behind her and making sure she didn't fall. As soon as she got to the top she wanted to head down so he very carefully held her hand as she SLOWLY made her way back down. As soon as she got down Oliver went over to the table where my parents were sitting to get a fry and she grabbed him and pointed her finger up so he very patiently took her all the way back up and then back down again. My mom said he was so good with her that she didn't even feel apprehensive about little Fin going all the way up there. My dad said Oliver reminded him of a little mother hen and he has never seen a little boy so patient and loving with his little sister. We love you Finley. Your little smile lights up the room and we can't help but smile with you. You bring unspeakable joy into our lives. We are blessed.



1 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Okay, first of all Fin you are the cutest thing ever! We love you and hope you had the happiest birthday! Second of all, those goody bags are to die for Lisa! I know you spent hours making them and I still have ours, not sure what I will do with them but I just can't throw them out knowing how much you put into making them. Loved the cupcakes too!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home