Saturday, July 14, 2012

Arizona 2012





 Rolling down the hill
                                                 The kids took lots of picture of Uncle!







May 12-18  we went to Scottsdale Arizona for my birthday/Mother's Day, but mostly because we all felt like we were half dead and in desperate need of some warmth and sun.  This was the closest to summer that we have ever gone and it was toasty warm.  I think the highest it got while we were there was 108.  It felt so good.  I must say, if all I had to do was play in the pool and sit under the patio I would do just fine there.  If I had to dig ditches or do any kind of physical labor, however, I'd probably wither a little :) 

The kids had a blast.  We literally lived in the pool.  The kids practiced swimming in the hot tub without their life jackets and did great.  Finley was crazy...what a dare devil.  She'd ask to go up on the edge of the pool and jump into our arms without the slightest hesitation.  She had no fear whatsoever and tried to keep up with the big kids.  She wanted to do everything they do and more!  The blazing hot concrete was a great deterrent for her not getting close to the pool when it wasn't time to swim.  We would leave her shoes off and if she stepped onto the patio where the shade was not covering it, her feet would burn so it was super easy to keep her away from the pool during "off hours."  Kind of mean, but effective :) 

The boys got to golf almost every day and we brought Miss Emily along so she could help me with the kids while they were gone.  I even got to go have lunch with the boys after they finished golf while she stayed back with the kids.  We even got to go out for dinner by ourselves like normal adults and it was awesome!!!  Emily was a life saver and we loved having her.  I told Tom this was going to spoil me and I'm going to want to take her everywhere we go from now on!

The kids had their very first ride in a limo.  Curits and Michelle, the people whose house we stayed at, recommened a car service instead of messing with a cab/shuttle.  It was fun to see the kids' eyes light up when they got in the limo and discovered free drinks and lights that changed colors on the ceilings.  That was a kick!  On the ride home Oliver said "Thanks for letting us go to Arizona."  So sweet.  I asked them what their favorite part was and Berkeley said "the pool" and Oliver said "everything."  Anyway, it was a lovely trip and the kids are ready to live there.  Aren't we all during our 9 months of rain, sleet & snow?  Sign me up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Did you know we just moved to Arizona a week and a half ago? :) :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

I knew you were moving...how do you like it so far? Do you have a pool? We like to think we're going to be heading down there in a couple of years, but it's probably just wishful thinking!!! I would love to do it, at least for 6 or 7 months out of the year considering it's raining here all week in the middle of July!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home