Monday, December 05, 2011

Cute Turkeys




The week of Thanksgiving Oliver & Jake made these cute turkey hats and then after school Jake came over to our house. They were 2 of the cutest little turkeys I have ever seen so I had to grab the camera! Jake loves Finley. In the car on the way home from school he said "I can't wait to play with Finley." Oliver said "Well, you should just play with me since Finely is a baby and she might scratch you." I think Oliver was a bit bent out of shape that Jake wanted to play with her instead. Jake replied "That's ok if she scratches me, I don't mind. " So, as I was getting lunch ready, Jake and Finley sat on the couch together and Jake had his arm around Finley. During lunch, he kept feeding bites of mac and cheese to her and made sure she had everything she needed. They played upstairs together and he would bring her down the stairs to make sure she got down safely. It was so cute. In the mornings when I drop Oliver off at school, Jake will jump in my car and give Finley a kiss before we walk to the class room door. It's so sweet.


So, speaking of cute things, Grandma Potts does an advent calendar for the kids every year and last night happened to be a "gift night." Oliver opened his gift and found a Lightning McQueen lunch box. He was thrilled and can't wait to take his lunch in it when he starts Kindergarten like his big sister. So, that night before bed he insisted on praying (instead of me) and when he prayed he said "Dear Jesus, thank you for all our blessings. Thank you for my new lunch box. Thank you that we were good kids today. Amen." The next morning we went to church and after church we ran home to get ready to go to Easton's first birthday party. As I was getting stuff packed in the car the kids were outside riding bikes. Berkeley started to ride her bike through some much and Tom reminded her to stay out of the mud so that her tires didn't spray mud up on her nice clothes and Oliver said "Yeah Berk because you look beautiful." He says some of the sweetest things. I have to record them so I don't ever forget.


This morning when I dropped him off at school Jake asked if he could come over today. I said today probably wouldn't work out because we won't be home this after noon. Oliver said "Yeah Jake, tonight we are going to Snowflake Lane so we might be a little bit busy so today probably isn't a good day." He is such a little character!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home