Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Seed Has Been Planted!!!

I have some news…Thomas planted his seed!!! I have been busy watering it. Lots and lots of watering, in fact. I water around the clock...at 12, 2, 4, and 6 am, etc. Poor Tom was speechless and couldn’t believe his eyes when I showed him the test. Much to his chagrin, it pretty much happened on the first or second shot. I now call him “One Shot Potts.” I suppose this is one instance where being a hard worker doesn’t necessarily pay off. I told him that I have heard “baby relations” can be very stressful and not at all fun after a while, but he would have none of that. I kind of lured him into it with promises of lots of “trying” and the return of my juicy “girls.” He actually got kind of excited over the thought of having another baby, but then when it happened right away he was a bit disappointed. Also, my “girls” have not really come in yet, so I think he is feeling kind of jipped!

We told Grandma Sam on her 86th birthday which was special to her. Being the first to know that kind of thing is a really big deal to her so we wrote in her card that she would have ‘8’ great grandchildren. She was pretty thrilled to be the one to announce it to the family.

The following day we had dinner at my parent’s house to celebrate a late birthday for my dad and we decided to tell them there. I have always wanted to use Molly Ringwald’s line in “Sixteen Candles” (this was a hugely popular movie in the 80’s for those of you in the younger crowd who may not have any idea what I’m even referring to). She plays a pregnant 16 year old, who has to break the news to her family. So, at dinner she nonchalantly says “Pass the turnips, I’m pregnant,” hoping to fly under the radar and not get anyone all riled up. I didn’t do it with my first 2 pregnancies just because it didn’t seem appropriate, but by the 3rd one, I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do something really cheesy. Plus, Chris begged me to do it that way and I didn’t want to disappoint! As we were dishing up I completely forgot about it (I blame it on pregnancy brain) until I noticed Laura raising her eyebrows at me and silently prodding me to do it. I got a bit flustered and said “Oh, oh, pass the turnips I’m pregnant!” My dad just kept cutting his meat and didn’t even look up even though his hearing aids were on and my mom stopped eating and just stared at me while the rest of us busted up laughing and couldn’t stop. My mom just stared at me with her mouth open and finally asked “Are you serious?” I was finally able to compose myself and confirmed that yes, I was indeed serious. She looked at my dad (still cutting his meat, mind you) and said “John, are you hearing this?” He looked up and said “Well, yeah, but I just thought she was joking.” I was hoping for an “Atta girl” from Chris, but instead I got a head shake and a “Good Lord, don’t ever become an actress.” My husband agreed with him and said “No kidding, you have horrible timing.” Oh well, Laura and I got a kick out of it, which is traditionally the case. It actually kind of reminded me of something you’d see with the Griswold family! Total cheese!!! Ya gotta love it!

So there you have it…that’s my big news for the month of September. My uterus is now flashing a "NO VACANCY" sign. I learned a couple of new things about myself throughout all of this: I probably won’t ever be earning a paycheck by acting, however, sales just might be in my future! I have always said I don’t have the personality for sales and would be horrible at it, but I’m starting to change my tune. After all, I sold my husband on having another baby and I didn’t think that would ever happen! Watch out world, here I come!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! And that was a great story! LOL! :-)
So, when are you due?
I am thrilled for you! Are you gonna find out what you are having? It will be fun to follow your pregnancy on here. Hopefully you will do better about that than that sister of yours. :-)
Blessings!
Jess

9:16 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

lol!! that is hilarious! Congrats on getting your way and tell that Tomcat way to go from the Cunningham Clan!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

YEA! Congratulations! I was hoping you'd get your way! ;) Ha! So happy for you!

9:52 AM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Yay! So, so happy for you. Prayer works :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news! And you definitely are a great writer! You had me laughing out loud! :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Jess, I am 14 wks today with a due date of March 26. I can't believe in 4 wks we can find out what we're having! Only crazy people like to be surprised :)

Kim, "Tomcat" is my new favorite nickname for my husband! I love it! He likes it too, but would never admit it!

Thanks to everyone for their prayers!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

YEEAAAHHHH!!!!! I'm so excited for another baby Potts! So you might not be the best actress but you are the best writer and I seriously think you should consider a book. In 6 months we're going to have another baby, WOOHOO!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home