Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Official, I'm a Mom!


Well, a few of you have inquired about our new vehicle so here she is! We loved our Lexus, but it was getting a little cramped with 3 dogs and 2 kids so after the insurance company decided to total it out, we bought this herculean vehicle in order to transport the traveling circus that makes up the Potts family. It's like I always say, “Go big or go home,” right? We searched and searched until we found a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali in the right color. So, it’s official…I’m a mom! I am driving a “mom” vehicle and there’s no going back! Seriously though, after driving this behemoth I could probably be certified to drive a bus. She is colossal, but she is a tank and I feel very safe with my family in her. If it wasn’t for the back up camera I probably would have crashed already. I miss my Lexus a lot…she was much smaller and I could zip around in her. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as “zipping” in this mammoth vehicle and I feel like I have to park out the woods in order to find a parking space to accommodate her substantial bulk! I have had some good practice with small spaces lately though as I have had to take Berkeley to a few Dr. apts in VERY tight parking garages. Talk about nerve wracking! I was glad I didn’t forget my deodorant on those occasions:)

The other day Tom caught me gazing forlornly at the bench seat in the very back. He asked me what was wrong and I said “That seat needs some little bench warmers don’t you think?” After an audible sigh and a not-so-subtle roll of the eyes, he let Sterling lay back there to warm it up! Wise guy! I keep dropping hints that since we now drive a "school bus," we might as well fill it up. Needless to say, the baby campaign is ongoing, but has been fruitless thus far. There’s not much else I can do. I planted my seed, we’ll have to wait and see if Thomas plants his!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

LOL! Nice! Yes, fill 'er up! ;)

10:17 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

SWEET!! Welcome to the official coolest mom vehicle out there, black suburbans with nice rims. Let's be honest, there really is no other way. I will NEVER go back to some halfway sports utility vehicle. Come up with a sweet name is my advice and you will soon grow to love her/him as you did your last vehicle. My last big black suburban with the lift that got totalled was named the "big kid" and was definately male. My new"er" suburban with the 22's and low profiles well "her" name is the seductrice, hehe LOL! Anywho, your burban (as we call them) is awesome!! If I was single I am pretty sure I would still own mine, I am never going back;-)

10:46 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Your a cool mom!!! And there is room for more kiddos :) Hooray!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home