Friday, May 13, 2011

Swimming Lessons



We started swimming lessons about a month ago. On the way to their first lesson I told the kids that the water was really warm, around 92 degrees, like a bath. After the lesson I was going to take them to Grandma Potts' house to play. They hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks because she had been sick with the flu. Berkeley kept her window down the whole way there so that the water would be extra warm when she got in. She said "I'm thinking about getting in that warm water" and Oliver chirped up from the back and said "I'm thinking about hugging and kissing Grandma." I thought it was so cute that he was more excited to see Grandma afterwards than going to his first swim lesson.

The kids are loving it and doing wonderfully! I'm amazed at their progress. At first they didn't want to get their eyes in or their heads wet, but now they go off the diving board and down the slide all by themselves and go under water without freaking out! We have a blast watching them and cheering for them. We are so proud of their accomplishments! They, too, are quite proud of themselves. Every night when they go to bed they want to know if tomorrow is a swimming lesson. I know this summer they will turn into little fish being in the lake every day. Good job you guys - keep up the good work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris and Laura said...

They are so cute together! I love how much the love eachother.....so sweet!

2:07 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Such great pictures! I love the shake on the wall behind them :)

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home