Sunday, February 01, 2009

An Update on Laura

Since it has been 3 months since my sister has posted anything regarding her present state, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and give you all a much needed and well deserved update on her pregnancy! She is doing really well. The first few months were pretty unpleasant since she was nauseous the whole time. She never actually threw up, but wished she would just to make that nasty feeling go away. Although, I’m not sure that the nausea actually goes away when a pregnant woman throws up…I’ve heard it lasts all day long. I never had any of that so I’m (thankfully) in the dark on that subject! She is still working full time at Gene Juarez and making the world a more beautiful place one haircut at a time.

She is finally starting to get a cute little pooch and is feeling lots of movement! She is due 7 weeks from this Thursday! The next time I see her I will force her to pose for me so I can get a picture of her little bump. Speaking of bumps…her “cups” runneth over if you know what I mean!!! I’ll try to get a picture of those too. We both agree that while it is fun in the beginning to have such a substantial bosom, over time they become unmanageable and cumbersome and are a bit overrated! I’m not sure how Dolly Parton and Pamela Anderson run around with those things, but they certainly seem to get a kick out of them, so more power to them I suppose!

Laura is going to kill me, but I have a story that is too hilarious not to tell. She was doing some shopping at Fred Meyer the other day, when she suddenly had the urge to sneeze. What she didn’t realize, is that when you’re pregnant, something as mundane as sneezing can turn disastrous if unprepared. After sneezing, she was mortified to discover that she had a little trickle of tinkle running down her leg! She had a warm up suit on (in my mind I’m imaging something similar to that brown velour ensemble that accompanies Jess on all her vacations), and had no way of hiding her transgression! She called me and I reassured her that it happens to EVERY pregnant woman. At least I hope it does, otherwise I’m really embarrassed now too. I think there should be a new motto for pregnant women…you know how firefighters have the catchy phrase STOP, DROP and ROLL for people to prepare themselves in a fire? Well, I think we should start a phrase for women who are carrying the weight of an unborn child on top of their bladders: STOP, SQUEEZE, then SNEEZE! Kind of corny, but hey, it might help prevent these types of unfortunate mishaps in the future for women nationwide!

The other night I received a phone call around 9 pm. When I answered the phone all I heard was “Lisa, I have cankles!” Laura had 11 clients two days in a row (which is quite a load), and during her last haircut all she wanted to do was kick off her shoes, but refrained due to the fear that she wouldn’t be able to get them back on again. Lucky for her, Genie Baby doesn’t allow his employees to wear anything other than pants, so no one will ever be the wiser! At her last check-up, her Dr. encouraged her to sit down for 2 hrs. everyday to reduce the swelling. Unfortunately, Genie Baby also has a policy preventing employees from taking 2 hour lunch breaks. In my opinion, and I think you all will agree with me, Laura is the only person on the planet that can have urine covered cankles and still be completely and utterly adorable!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Stockwells said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! Genie baby sounds like a slave driver :) But he does hire people who make the world look better so I guess we will just deal with it. Thank you for taking matters into your own hands and updating us on Laura. I am grateful. Now I wait for a picture :) And 7 weeks for the big reveal.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Bryan & Katie said...

Lisa! Too cute! So I guess we will be hearing more updates from Laura herself in the future?:) Sounds like she's been busy working to hard. I totally agree with you about the "stop, squeeze and sneeze" thing. Nothing like a good sneeze when your pregnant to remind you to do more of the Kegal exercises (or whatever they are called) Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday! Thanks for the update.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

LOL! You are hilarious! I love you! I'm so glad you took matters into your own hands! I have been wondering how Laura is doing. Yes, it happens to ALL pregnant woman! I got to a point where I had to wear a pad at all times (sorry for the TMI) because I had that problem when I sneezed, coughed, laughed... And you can also tell Laura that I will post MY cankle pictures just for her, so she will know she's not alone! (I did take pictures, I just never posted them.) Give me a couple days to get on that.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Kel - I will for sure get a picture of Laura's tummy. I am going to see her on Valentine's day so I'll post one as soon as I get it!

Kate & Andrea - Laura will be thrilled that you too, struggled with leakage during pregnancy! She was a little reluctant to let me mention her little episode, but once she heard from quite a few girls at work that it happens to almost everyone she said it was fine. Oh, and Andrea, I'm looking forward to seeing those cankle pics :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

I have practiced the "stop, squeeze and sneeze" more than you know! I'm sorry I have been such a bad blogger, just not really motivated! Katie and Andrea, thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only preggo who leaks every once in a while!!!!! Lisa, thanks for making me laugh every time I read your blog!

10:03 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

Uh oh, I suffer from the stop squeeze and sneeze still... shh don't tell Laura:-) What a great post Lis, thanks for the info on Laura girl!! Don't worry Laura, I have been unmotivated about blogging lately too, but I really do think about it once in awhile...

5:12 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Laura, don't worry...As soon as you have that little one you will be posting pictures like crazy! (I hope!)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home