Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Outside Slumber Party



















When I was a kid living on the lake it used to be so fun to have sleep overs outside on the porch. I told Tom that this is something we HAD to do this summer. Tom likes to remind me that I am older than him (only by 5 months, mind you) and no longer a spring chicken, so I had him bring the kids' mattresses downstairs for us to sleep on. We fixed the kids' beds up out of dog beds, couch cushions and sleeping bags.


It took a while for everyone to calm down. They were very excited and at one point Oliver's sleeping bag got completely turned around so that the top of it (Buzz Lightyear) was underneath him. He started looking everywhere and said "Hey, where'd my astronaut go?" We started cracking up...it sounded so funny hearing that come out of the mouth of a 3 year old! Anyway, after prayers and bed time stories and a million questions everyone got settled in. We woke up to a beautiful day and played outside all day after church. I do have to mention, my husband woke up with a sore back and was moving quite slowly while getting ready for church. I, on the other hand, bounced right up and had a spring in my step.


That night, since I am evidently still young and vibrant, I came to the conclusion that since all of our stuff was still on the porch we might as well do it again. Since the next day was Monday and Tom had to work, he declined to participate and carried his tired old bones upstairs to the comfort of the Tempur Pedic Memory Foam mattress.

The next morning wasn't so pleasant as we woke up to wind and rain. It was freezing and the kids and I hurried inside. We still had fun though and I'm sure we will be making a habit out of that this summer. Well, I will anyway, since there is obviously still some "spring" left in this old chicken:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home