Saturday, February 06, 2010

Cute Puppies













We decided it was time to give the kids a reprieve from the camera, so over the holidays we took the dogs out and got some updated pictures of them. They did just fine until we ran out of hot dog chunks! Oh, the simple things in life. If only we all would work for hot dogs :) Actually, I'm not that different right now...there's not much I wouldn't do for an Oreo! This last picture cracks me up...they look a lot like me from behind...a little bit lumpy and a little bit bumpy!
As crazy as they make me sometimes, I couldn't imagine being without dogs. With 3 dogs and almost 3 kids, our house feels like a circus or a zoo most of the time. It helps that we share custody with Jerry and he has the dogs about 4 days out of the week. He has grown quite fond of those two and almost can't bring himself to share them any longer. Tom and I always joke that those creatures are his job security right now. Without them we'd be out on the street! As long as we keep bringing home Weimaraners he'll always have a job!
Sterling and Jake have grown to be the best of friends. Sterling is very protective of Jake whenever another dog approaches and if she stays the night at Jer's and Jake happens to stay with us, she just about comes out of her skin the next day when she sees him at work. They still go to the office every day. They have had to incorporate a "candle program" at work since Jake has a bit of a flatulence problem and literally stinks the entire place up. He is pretty irresistable to all of the clients though when he lays down at (or on top of) their feet and forces them to spend some quality time with him. I think he'd probably go home with just about anyone who invited him. Jake tips the scales at 125, and, according to the chart at the vet, is considered to be "grossly obese." With that said, maybe it's not such a good idea to let him lie on people's feet. He could be a liability :)
Sterling has gained at least 10-15 lbs since Jake has come to live with us. She has learned that she can't leave her food in her bowl all day long anymore, otherwise, she'll go hungry cause Jake will tip toe to her bowl and gobble up whatever is left. We have been putting him on a diet and cutting back on his portions, but part of me worries that if he gets too hungry he'll start consuming my offspring!
So, that's what's going on in the lives of two very fat and happy puppies! They may be "grossly obese," but as far as I'm concerned, there's just more of them to love. I unconditionally love my heavy-set weims, large or small, stinky or not. Well, under one condition...just don't eat my young :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Ha ha! The first time I read that I was like, "What are HOT dog-chunks?" LOL!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Love those dogs!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Bryan & Katie said...

Cute Lis! Good hotdogs make for good pictures. They are so cute.

7:45 AM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

I love it Lisa! Great and fun pics. I know how you feel, I don't know what I would do without my Titus dog!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home