Thursday, September 28, 2006

Jer's 50th Birthday Party!

The weather was beautiful. Perfect for after-dinner cigars on the deck.
The centerpiece...beautiful work Amanda. All it took was 11 dozen roses! Baby Berk couldn't wait to eat!
Appetizers!
The place settings
My husband took birthday cake to a whole new level. Nice work Thomas!
Two Beauties: Laura & Andrea
Me, Thomas & Berk
Michelle, Curtis, Jim and Jer
Sherry, Matthew and Tracie
The ever-amazing Amanda and Andrea
The master of ceremonies turning the water into wine!
Kickin' it up a notch-a champagne and raspberry toast
The master chef, Big V, working feverishly in the kitchen!
One of our favorite couples
Dinner by candlelight
Uncle Jer with his favorite girl (after Sterling, of course) Chris & Jer sharing a moment
Sisters!
Curtis & Michelle
Brent & Jen
On September 20, 2006 Jerry turned 50!! For those of you who don't know, Jer is Thomas' boss and one of our very best friends. He literally has become a member of the family since he has moved in with us until construction on his new home on Lake Sawyer is completed. Anyway, Jer is a bit sensitive about his age, but we wanted to do something for him since it was such a big milestone. He insisted we throw an "end of summer dinner party" rather than a birthday party. We agreed to call it that in order to ease his discomfort about turning 50, but really, it was a birthday party with some of his close friends, business partners & associates (about 20 people in all).
The day couldn't have started out more beautiful. The sun was shining, the sky was clear. We were thankful since we had planned on having all the men smoke cigars out on the deck after dinner.
Amanda, who works in Thomas' office was a huge help to me. Jer let me have her all day Thursday and Friday to get the house ready, the table set and all the last minute decorations purchased and put up. She created the rose centerpiece and did a fabulous job. We kept having to run to the store to buy more roses. It ended up taking 11 dozen. It looked so amazing. Very nice work, Amanda! You're hired!!
We hired Verl to cater the dinner. He made a delicious dinner of garlic caesar salad, flat iron steak, asparagus and chicken fettucini alfredo with sundried tomatoes. It was absolutely mouthwatering.
Everyone had both red and white wine to go along with their meal and Chris made a presentation about each wine and the region it is from. He did a wonderful job considering he had just returned home that morning from an exhausting week on the road. He makes speaking in front of people seem so effortless! Oh, if I only had that kind of personality!
We had a sinful chocolate cake with fresh raspberries for dessert. It was so rich and delicious most people couldn't finish!
All in all it was a fabulous party and everyone had a fantastic time.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Stockwells said...

What an amazing party! You did a beautiful job! Your house is amazing by the way! I love you kitchen. Way to throw a party Martha!
Kel

5:12 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

That was one fabulous party Lisa. Your house looked beautiful, the food was so yummy and what a fun group of people. Thanks for inviting us, I know you put a lot of time and money into this and it was worth it. I think you are on your way to becoming the next party planner, move over Martha! Now I guess we'll see if Curtis and Chris actually start making their own wine, what a pair those two would be!!!!

By the way your nursing bra wasn't showing! Ha, that still makes me laugh!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tammie said...

Beautiful and Elegant!! Jerry is blessed to have people like you and Tom in his life. Good job!!

I love all the pictures you post.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Thanks Kel! It was really fun. I appreciate the Martha compliment too. If I had to pick an idol it would be her! I love how she decorates and displays things.

Laura, I'm glad you were there. Everything is always better when you're around! Someday you will have to wear a bulky, unattractive nursing bra, but I know you will pull that off with the same pizazz you pull everything off with! You are one cute girl and I think you need to become a personal stylist to the stars! You'd be so great at it! I'll do the parties and you'll do the outfits - what a pair we'd make :)

Thanks Tammie. I really wish you could have come to Chelan with everyone. We really missed you. Andrea & I kept saying "We wish Jim and Tammie were here." You were missed & we're hoping next year the timing will work out better!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

WOW!!!!!! Amazing!

12:22 PM  
Blogger amandacarmel said...

Great pictures Lis....it was a great party! I really like the comment under my picture naming me the "Ever-Amazing" Amanda. I'm glad you know the real me! :) Just kidding. It was a lot of fun and we'll do it again in 6 months?!?! ;)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Lisa! Wow! Is this a profession you are doing, looking into or just a hobby? You are so talented at this. I love you blog. I just realized you had one! Anyways, I think you have one of the cutest girls I have ever seen and it is so great to see you and Tom doing so well.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home